Sunday, August 28, 2011

Best Tiny Desk Concerts, Pt. 4



Is this too obvious? Maybe. But Adele singing "Someone Like You" perched on a tiny desk with just a soft tinkling behind her is kind of shocking in a real way because she has a ridiculous voice, as in for real, no trickery needed. I have this version on audio only and listen to it on the headphones and each and every time am just tickled in the best possible ways. And then there is "Chasing Pavements" which is like a lost Bacharach tune. That's why I love her, I think she would have been a Burt protege in another time and place. And I love me some Burt.

And what makes it even more remarkable is the way she laughs: it's like a painful cackle that sounds like it's coming from a wholly different animal than the singing voice.

0 comments: